Saturday, March 9, 2013

Floral Frenzy at A Gem of a Challenge


Good morning.

Yippppeeee it's the weekend.

I'm looking forward to having a lovely Sunday lunch at a local carvery with the family tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day and also my DH birthday - which was yesterday.

Today I will just go with the flow and see what happens :o)



My share for the day is my DT project for



A GEM OF A CHALLENGE



and this week Team Gems are hoping to inspire you with the theme



FLORAL FRENZY



Here's what I did:























I am soooo loving this gorgeous colour combo of Lemon & Grey and just had to use the beautiful new paper release at Pink Gem Designs - Lemon Drizzle as the initial inspiration for my notelets - printed onto Linen Cardstock from The Papermill - for added texture :o)

I have used black cardstock as a striking contrast for my mat and layering and accents.



I wanted to keep the notelets fairly flat (for postage costs) so went for some beautiful die cuts as accents instead of 3D style flowers.



Card Ingredients:

Design Papers: Pink Gem 'Lemon Drizzle'

Memory Box: Prom Poppy and Tilth Floral dies

Martha Stewart: Scrolled Lace Border Punch

Doo Hickey Swirl

Sentiments: LOTV and Hobbycraft



Challenges I would like to enter:

Clearly Inspired - Die Cuts

4 Crafty Chicks - Die for Dies

Die-ing for a Challenge - Flower Power



Thanks for popping by - I really appreciate your visit.

Have a fabulous day.

TTFN





0 comments:

Post a Comment