Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's About Time!


Good evening.


Hope you all had a lovely weekend - and I hope all the Mum's in the UK got totally spoilt today.


I had a lovely Sunday Roast at our local carvery with the family - and lots of gorgeous flowers and gifts - I am blessed to have such wonderful sons (and Daughter-in-Laws lol"!!!)





It was my DH birthday on Friday and today I thought I would share the card and gift I made for him.





Here's the card:














and here's what I did:


I started by embossing a piece of Centura Pearl cardstock using M=Bossabities 'So Trendy' and then inked it with Radiant Rain Colour Concentrate in Copper and Nutmeg

Image: Papermania Urban Stamps 'Time Pieces' stamped onto Centura Pearl cardstock using Walnut Stain Distress Ink - edges 'Gilded' with Gilding Flakes

Tim Holtz Sizzix Clock Die Heat embossed with Frantage embossing enamels

Sentiment: Craft Stamper freebie - stamped with Walnut Stain DI and heat embossed with Clear EP



And here's the gift:



 

















Here's what I did:

MDF Clock Base from Indigo Blu

Painted with Dulux Once Emulsion - 'Vanilla White' and then 'dry-brushed' with Dulux Once 'Soft Truffle'

(I got some tester pots of paint - 3 for £1 - what a bargain!!!)

Clockworks stamp - Indigo Blu stamped with Walnut Stain DI

Once dry I randomly shadow stamped the background with Creative Expressions Clockwork and Text background stamps

Roman Numerals stamped with Indigo Blu Flitter Glue and Gilded with Gilding Flakes

I also gilded the second hand



I was quite pleased with how this turned out :o)

John loves it - and it now has pride of place in his study - even though you can hear it tick tock as the second hand goes round - something I thought might annoy him lol!!!



The eagle eyed among you I'm sure will spot the not so deliberate mistake I made - just like Jack did - luckily I was able to rectify it :o)



Challenges I would like to enter:

Eclectic Ellapu - Birthdays

Hobbycutz - Anything Goes

Quirky Crafts - Make Your Own Background

Sunday Stamper - Use Some New Stash - All of it :o)

Sweet Stampin - For a Man or Boy

Card Crafter's Circle - Vintage Flair

Anything Goes - Make it Manly

Cards for Men - Monochrome

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Numbers



Thanks for popping by today - I really appreciate your visit.

Enjoy your evening.

I'm looking forward to the Dancing on Ice finale and the last in episode of Mr Selfridge - I might even treat myself to some of the scrummy choccies the kids bought me :o)



TTFN



0 comments:

Post a Comment