Good morning. I'm mega thrilled to be sharing this post with you today as I have been picked to be GDT for
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY
and this week the theme is
HEARTS AND FLOWERS
Now I guess for most that would scream Valentines but for me I knew I wanted to do something 'different' and I made another wall hanging:
Ohhh I had soooo much fin with this one.
I started by covering the MDF heart - from Joanna Sheen with some Gesso uisng a natural sponge for a bit of texture and dry brushed some 'Lake' acrylic paint over the top.
Then I stamped the leaf and flourish image and the Sentiment from Sheen Douglass 'A Little Bit Sketchy - Flower Power' and 'Only Words - From the Heart' using Stazon and heat embossed with clear EP.
I 'coloured' some white cardstock using some pearlised acylic paints and then overstamped the flower images and fussy cut them out. I also stamped the small solid flower image using Broken China DI
I also dabbed the solid flower stamp into the pearlised paint and stamped over the background of the heart.
I added a few Martha Stewart butterflies punched from the painted cardstock as well.
I used a Word Window punch to punch the words 'Dreams, Wishes, Laughter, Smiles' (from a Teresa Collins stamp set) and inked the edges with Broken China DI.
A few adhesive pearls and some co-ordinating seam binding finished it all off.
Hope you like it :o)
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the inspiration from the regular DT and to see what the fab prize is from the sponsor this week.
Challenges I would like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps - Pearls and Swirls
Anything but a Card - Share the Love
Come and Get It - Show us your Heart
Corrosive Challenges - Hearts and Flowers
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Girly
Stamptacular Sunday - From the Heart
The Squirrel and the Fox - Love
Totally Gorjuss - Love
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Love is in the Air
Thanks for popping by today - I really appreciate your visit.
Yesterday I steam cleaned the kitchen and all the cupboards and today I'm attacking the bathrooms - wish me luck :o(
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment