Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Money Box for Lola Arizona


Good morning. Well the white stuff has finally arrived (and is still coming down as I write this post) and Jack has got his wish for a 'snow day' as school is closed :o) 


John re-arranged his diary at work and is working from home today so all are safe and warm :o)


Hope you are keeping safe and warm too.





Today I have a non-DT project to share with you.


When I was at the NEC in November I bought a couple of MDF money boxes and some MDF alphas to decorate for my scrummilicious Lola and squidgilicious Oliver.





Here's Lola's:















And here's what I did:


I started with painting the whole money box with some Gesso and then painted it with some pink acrylic paint.


When that was dry I added some Dreamweaver Embossing Paste through a Creative Expressions mask 'Delicate'


When that was dry I then rubbed a metallic wax paste all over.


I painted and then covered the letter with some co-ordinating DP and then rubbed some of the wax around the edges.


Die cut leaves - Memory Box 


Flower - Wild Orchid Crafts





Maybe it could be used to save her pennies for her future 'crafty stash' as it seems she is a crafter in the making:







Challenges I would like to enter:


Cupcake Craft - Anything But a Card


Creative Moments - Monochrome


Ladybug Crafts - Anything But a Card


Sparkles Forum - Die Cuts and Flowers


Creative Creations - Anything Goes


Make it Monday - Anything Goes


Crafty Catz - Anything But a Card





Thanks for popping by today - I really appreciate your visit.


Have a fabulous day - stay safe and warm.


TTFN






0 comments:

Post a Comment